Subject: Re: [boost] [parameter] #line markers in literate tests
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-27 06:38:13

On 26 June 2014 17:31, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Is there any logical reason for the #line markers in the source files for
> the 'literal' tests in Boost parameter ?
>
> VC++ will not compile these tests with them and although they appear to me
> as completely valid C++ I would like to create a pull request to fix the
> VC++ problem. If there is no reason for the #line markers I can remove them,
> else I can wrap in "#if !defined(BOOST_MSVC)/#endif" pairs
> after including boost/config.h.

The tests are extracted from the library documentation, so any changes
you make will be overwritten if anyone regenerates them. The #line
directives indicate the original location of the source code, so that
the compiler gives the correct location in error messages.

I'm not sure how useful these tests are now since no one's normally
checking them and they were never merged to release.