Subject: Re: [boost] ASIO into the standard (was: Re: C++ committee meeting report)
From: pfultz2 (pfultz2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-08 10:34:07

> You might have a look at AFIO too :)

I might take a look at that, but overall I don't really need async io.
However, I did need the stream to be `Seekable`, that is, it would let me
read
and set the position in the file. I don't think this works really well with
async io.

I don't see sync stream as a problem really. A default timeout could be a
property of the stream, rather than adding it to the read function. Ideally,
it would be nice if there were facades that would make an async stream ->
sync
stream, and a sync stream -> async stream.