Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Pipeline -- scheduling of segments
From: christophe.j.henry_at_[hidden]
Date: 2014-07-08 15:23:08

>My only qualm, really, is that proposed Boost.Asynchronous does not
> appear to me to implement pull-push pipeline management which is the
>hard part of a Pipelines implementation.
> I am under the possibly mistaken understanding that HPX does.

What do you mean with pull-push?
Maybe I'm making it myself too easy but I'd see every pipeline stage as a
scheduler, say, for Asynchronous a stealing threadpool scheduler(with one or
more threads), every stage getting a job transforming input data and posting
to the queue of the next scheduler a functor doing the next stage
transformation, etc.
Then I'd create a composite in one line of code to make sure work-stealing
happens and that would be it for the infrastructure.

Am I missing something?

Cheers,
Christophe