Subject: Re: [boost] Libraries failing across the board.
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-09 08:13:49

On 08/07/2014 22:07, Beman Dawes wrote:
> Marshall is just a few days away from being able to put out a beta release
> candidate. (And that is very good news!)
>
> But we still have too many libraries failing across the board on master:
>
> accumulators
> interprocess
> numeric/ublas
> pool
> proto
> spirit/repository
> spirit/test
> tr1

TR1 is now deprecated, and again hasn't been changed in a long time -
the main failures seem to be caused by changes to Boost.Random (or
possibly std::random) so that it is now no longer TR1 compliant.
Someone would have to rewrite it to use TR1-compatible random number
classes perhaps culled from an old version of Boost, frankly I just
don't see the point. The lib should probably be removed from Boost at
some point.

John.