Subject: Re: [boost] Libraries failing across the board.
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-10 11:40:58

Beman Dawes wrote
> On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 2:24 AM, Eric Niebler <

> eniebler@

> > wrote:
> <sigh>
> Someday we will have an automatic testing system that rejects changes
> which break other libraries.
> </sigh>

If the development tests for library X where run against the current boost
master, one would have notice of these problems while in development rather
than at some later time.

Note that even if the boost official development doesn't do this, a
developer can easily set up his own environment this way to run his own
tests. This is what I do on my own machine so generally I don't have this
problem. see
http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/serialization.html
.

Robert Ramey