Subject: Re: [boost] Interest in a new generic matrix library with specific 3D operations?
From: Fabien Picarougne (fabien.picarougne_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-11 10:37:37

Hello,
I wanted to see my idea through to the end and I have updated my library to
make the data container generic
(https://bitbucket.org/fpicarougne/template-matrix-library). I got a little
inspired from QVM but with a different implementation as you can see in the
code.
Now, the matrix library is independent from the storage, you can use
predefined storages (see CMat.h for dense storage with SDenseStorage or
SProxyArrayStorage in order to use a C array given by the user) but also
built your own by derived (CRTP) from SStorage. For example, getting a
column or a submatrix of a matrix is very easy. This make all the matrix
operations independent from the storage type, and all the methods are usable
if you have predefined basic operators (+, * ...).
I admit that you can do quite the same thing with QVM, but I my opinion,
factorization of methods is very easy with the architecture of my library
because of inheritance.
See test.cpp for a usage example.
What do you think about this? Is it of interest to you?

Fabien