Subject: Re: [boost] [clang] Using clang in Windows
From: Nathan Crookston (nathan.crookston_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-15 11:28:46

Hi all,

Paul A. Bristow wrote:

> Can we produce any collective Boost wish to help this to happen?

I've always felt that Boost is uniquely positioned to create a C++ acid
test similar to those done for browsers[1]. A Boost.Acid test could verify
compilers' ability to expand trickier macros, support timely compilation of
complex templates, or even implement new C++11/14 features.

The decision of what to test would be controversial, but it could be a
marketing point for more standards-compliant compilers and put additional
pressure on any compilers which are lagging behind.

Thanks,
Nate

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acid3