Subject: Re: [boost] [clang] Using clang in Windows
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-15 12:51:47

On 7/15/2014 10:53 AM, Eric Niebler wrote:
> On 7/14/2014 12:06 AM, Edward Diener wrote:
>> Just a note to everybody about using clang in Windows. I upgraded the
>> latest clang-linux.jam file in Boost Build on the 'develop' branch so
>> that clang in Windows using gcc should now work for the purposes of
>> testing Boost libraries.
>
> <snip>
>
> How is this better than building clang with gcc under cygwin or mingw on
> Windows?

That is what I was describing ! Evidently I was not clear enough. The
change to clang-linux.jam in the Boost Build develop branch sets the
threading model for clang with gcc on Windows to -pthread rather than
the previous -mthreads, which was causing problems. Its a small change
but then again I will never claim credit for being a bjam programmer
<g>. Testing this build of clang on Windows targeting mingw/gcc with
various Boost libraries seems to work very well for me. If all this is
already known I apologize for the redundancy but I am very happy about
having another excellent compiler under Windows with which I can test.