Subject: Re: [boost] [quickbook] Strange error regarding lists
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-19 10:52:21

On 7/19/2014 9:50 AM, Daniel James wrote:
> On 19 July 2014 14:21, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Using the latest quickbook on 'develop' in some documentation I have:
>>
>> * a comment
>>
>> SOMENAME
>>
>> only to get the quickbook error:
>>
>> my_file:14: error: Nested blocks in lists won't be supported in quickbook
>> 1.6.
>>
>> Why am I seeing this ?
>
> Such indentation is going to be used for paragraphs in lists, but I
> hadn't fully worked out how to do it when I was finishing off 1.6.
> Previously such indentation would be interpreted as a code block,
> which is usually not intended. Markup that is usually interpreted
> incorrectly and would change meaning when upgrading to 1.7 will cause
> problems in the long run, so it's better to catch it sooner rather
> than later. If you want paragraphs in lists then you'll need to use an
> explicit list tag, if you want a code block then you should use an
> explicit code block (i.e. two backticks at the beginning and end).

Does not a list end when there is a blank list following the last list
element ? If not, how does one end a list ?

I had ended for the line to be a code block. I had assumed my list had
ended.

Although I appreciatethe idea of being able to have paragrrpahs in lists
I suggest that paragraphs in lists should not override the normal ending
of lists.