Subject: Re: [boost] [website] Library metadata and version history
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-20 22:36:35

> On 20 July 2014 22:32, Adam Wulkiewicz <adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > Btw, what needs to be done to modify this page?
> > Is it stored in QBK and built automatically or is it stored in HTML
> format
> > only?
>
> It's generated by php. It can be updated with a 'meta/libraries.json'
> in a module. Let me know if you want me to generate one for a module.

Is something like this ok:
https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/blob/develop/meta/libraries.json ?
I assume it should be in master branch/released?
How this info is generated for modules without meta/libraries.json?
Is it also hardcoded somewhere?

Is website/generated/libraries.txt and/or boostorg/libs/maintainers.txt
generated using this metadata?

I'm asking because it seems that this data is duplicated in many places
which is hard to maintain.

> > The same question for
> > http://www.boost.org/users/history/version_1_56_0.html, however in this
> case
> > I managed to find HTML file in the Website module.
> > If I'd like to modify those pages what should I do?
>
> That's generated from the quickbook file at:
>

> https://github.com/boostorg/website/blob/master/feed/history/boost_1_56_0.qbk

Ok, thanks. So for this pull request should be sent.

Wouldn't it be convenient to also define it in modules as metadata?
E.g. also in json file containing a table of pairs:
- Boost version,
- release notes in QBK format

Regards,
Adam