Subject: Re: [boost] a release manager for Boost 1.56
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-21 15:15:58

Hi,

Marshall Clow wrote On 21-7-2014 16:00:

>>> ,
>>> Hrm, we're still trying to get out a beta. I think that calendar is wrong.

>>> If tests have cycled and they look good, please go ahead.
>>>

>> Thanks,
>> However, it looks like although my changes are in Master, they didn't get
>> included in Beta 1 release. Is it enough to put my changes in master at
>> this stage to get them included in 1.56 release? Or is there a release
>> branch?
> Yes, it’s enough to put your changes in master.
> No, there isn’t a release branch.
> “master” is the release branch; it’s supposed to be ready to release all the time.

According to the calendar the master branch closes today
("provisional"). Can someone tell us if that is really the case, because
we have to merge then (we prepared it)? And, if it does not close today,
when it then will be closed? All these dates are called provisional for
2 months now, but I don't have the impression the schedule is following
the provisional dates... But they are the only dates published.

Thanks, Barend