Subject: Re: [boost] New cross-platforms toolsets
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-22 12:53:20

AMDG

On 07/22/2014 04:11 AM, José Agustín Terol Sanchis wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to add a new toolset for cross-compile to several
> platforms. So, I've added some ".jam" files (<mytoolset>_<platform>.jam) in
> path "tools/build/v2/tools", and I can use them to compile and test Boost
> libraries using bjam's parameter "toolset=<mytoolset>_<platform>". But I
> have some doubts/questions:
>
> 1) Do I need to add a .py file? Why some toolsets have a .py file?
> 2) Are .jam files generated by executing a Python script that translates
> all these .py files to .jam? That would be great since bjam's syntax is
> complex.

The original files were .jam. The .jam files are the
ones that are currently used. The .py files were
manually translated as part of a project to switch
to python as the implementation language. At this
point in time, you don't need to provide a .py file.

> 3) Should I add a .jam file per platform? Or can I made a unique .jam file
> for all platforms? If so, how do I change the resultant build-path in order
> to avoid possible overwrittings (or make it shorter)?

You can do it either way. If the invocation
of the compiler is mostly the same on all
platforms, then you should use a single
.jam file. If you need to distinguish
between platforms, you can use a subfeature
like <toolset-intel:platform>win

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe