Subject: [boost] Understanding Jam Files
From: Axel Ismirlian (aismirl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-24 11:35:48

I have been working on boost for about a month now, but I still don't fully
understand boost's build configuration very well. More specifically, I do
not understand where the properties array gets filled in and where that
data comes from. I saw the property.jam file which seems to refine the list
of properties and take away unmet conditions, and bind dependencies. I also
saw the property-set.jam file which creates property lists from raw
properties, but where do the raw properties come from exactly? Does every
property-set created come through this file?

 It would be very helpful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Sincerely,
-Axel