Subject: Re: [boost] Is there any interest in a dependency injection library?
From: Sohail Somani (sohail_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-25 08:58:11

On 2014-07-24, 3:47 PM, Krzysztof Jusiak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any interest in a C++03/C++11/C++14 header only, type safe,
> library providing compile time, macro free *constructor dependency
> injection <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dependency_injection>*?

Hi Krzysztof,

Definitely interested and will send more comments and questions in a few
days. Immediately though: is it possible to separately compile modules
and/or the configuration? From what I can tell, the injector is all
compile-time, which is actually really great *but* it seems like it
requires you to #include everything in one place which can wreak havoc
on productivity, ironically. For example, I have ~800 lines of binding
code, factored into different files and recompiling all those headers +
the template-heavy binding code every time I change one header somewhere
else is pointless.

You linked to my library and one of the insights you have made in yours
is that 99.999999999% of the time, the types are actually decided at
compile-time whereas in mine, it is always at runtime (yuck). So good
job on that.

Thanks for doing this, now I don't have to! :)

Sohail