Subject: [boost] [GSoC] [Boost.Hana] Formal review request
From: Louis Dionne (ldionne.2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-28 13:20:01

Dear Boost,

It has been a while since I've given news about my GSoC project, Boost.Hana[1].
Things are going very well and I uploaded the library to the Boost Incubator.
I think it is time to push the library forward for review.

As the author, I know everything that's left to be done and polished before
I can be fully satisfied. Still, I believe the library is worthwhile in its
current state as it implements a superset of the functionality found in the
Boost.MPL and Boost.Fusion. I also think the library will benefit greatly
from a larger user base and more feedback.

Here are some caveats:
- The library requires a full C++14 compiler, so only Clang 3.5 can compile
  the unit tests right now. However, compilers will eventually catch up.
  Also, pushing cutting edge libraries forward might motivate compilers to
  support C++14 ASAP, which is probably a good thing.

- The library is not fully stable yet, so interface changes are to be expected.
  I don't see this as a problem as long as this is documented, especially since
  I expect Hana to be used mostly for toying around for at least a while.
  I could be mistaken.

So unless someone thinks the library isn't ready or would get rejected right
away in its current state for reason X, I am requesting a formal review for
Boost.Hana.

Regards,
Louis

[1]: http://github.com/ldionne/hana