Subject: Re: [boost] What are the things that we HAVE TO fix before shipping 1.56.0?
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-28 18:03:32

On 28 Jul 2014 at 14:24, Marshall Clow wrote:

> We´re coming down to the end of the release process, so I´m taking a poll.
>
> * What bugs do you think MUST be fixed before shipping 1.56?
> In other words, if bug XXX is not fixed, then (in your opinion) we should not bother making a release.

I have proposed Boost.AFIO building and passing all unit soak tests
on:

GCCs 4.6 to 4.9, x86, x64 and ARMv7a.

clangs 3.2 to 3.4, x86, x64. ARMv7a fails, but I don't think that is
Boost's fault.

MSVCs 11 and 12, x86, x64.

The is a good test that AFIO's dependencies ASIO, Thread, Chrono,
Filesytem are all strong in 1.56 under very heavy multithreaded
usage.

What is currently failing is MSVC 10 (VS2010) in C++0x build mode.
AFIO has not changed since Boost 1.55, so something has changed in
1.56. It is something to do with the scoped enum emulation, what used
to work no longer works in VS2010 on 1.56.

I don't think this is a showstopper though, I am currently working
around it with new code.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting