Subject: Re: [boost] Showstopper for Boost 1.56?
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-29 09:11:28

On 29 Jul 2014 at 16:18, Andrey Semashev wrote:

> > Here is what Jamfile sets:
> >
> > <toolset>clang:<cxxflags>"-std=c++0x
> > -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -fstrict-aliasing -Wstrict-aliasing
> > -Wno-unused -Wno-mismatched-tags -fvisibility=hidden -fopenmp
> > -fasynchronous-unwind-tables"
>
> Unless I'm missing something, C++11 includes C99 preprocessor
> (variadic macros, at least). So I don't see why these warnings should
> be emitted. A compiler bug perhaps?

It would unlikely be so. The compiler warning spew for Boost 1.56 is
being replicated for each of:

1. Ubuntu 12.04 x86 clang 3.2
2. Ubuntu 12.04 x86 clang 3.3
3. Ubuntu 14.04 x64 clang 3.4
4. Ubuntu 14.04 ARMv7 clang 3.4
5. FreeBSD 10 x64 clang 3.3

I'd say that's fairly solidly not a compiler bug, more rather an
established feature.

Can someone else replicate my findings? I suppose it could be Jenkins
in my case, or maybe I have borked my copy of Boost 1.56 beta 1?

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/