Subject: Re: [boost] b2 headers is unreliable on 1.56 on Windows
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-30 12:21:52

On 30 Jul 2014 at 18:09, Jürgen Hunold wrote:

> > Anyone else found that b2 headers in 1.56 randomly misses things to
> > hard link on Windows?
>
> Already reported by Eric in
>
> http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2014/07/215266.php

Oh good.

> I send this to the Boost.Build mailing list too.
> As 1.56.0 should come with pregenerated headers, this should not be a
> showstopper.

It is for anyone with a library in the review queue :(

In our documentation we're going to have to ask people installing our
library as an additional Boost module to repeatedly do b2 headers
until it doesn't error out.

It also creates problems for those running CIs for per-commit
testing, because the CI needs to bootstrap the test code into Boost
and do b2 headers to update. I've already seen problems with my CI
testing Boost.Thread on Windows due to this, it currently randomly
fails due to wrong or missing headers.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting