Subject: Re: [boost] [EXTERNAL] Documentation appears to have part of boost::mpi::packed_iarchive and boost::mpi::packed_oarchive reversed?
From: Belcourt, Kenneth (kbelco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-30 21:49:43

On Jul 30, 2014, at 6:44 PM, Dominic Marcello <dmarce1_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> It seems like the documentation for boost::mpi::packed_iarchive and
> boost::mpi::packed_oarchive are reversed. boost::mpi_packed_iarchive uses
> MPI_Unpack and boost::mpi::packed_oarchive uses MPI_Pack. This can be
> verified by looking at the packed_iprimitive and packed_oprimitive base
> classes. The documentation, as well as the packed_iarchive and
> packed_oarchive header files, however, say the opposite - that
> packed_oarchive uses MPI_Unpack and packed_iarchive uses MPI_Pack.

I’m not clear where in the documentation you’re referring to, can you point me to the pages or are you talking about the Description on these two pages?

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_55_0/doc/html/boost/mpi/packed_iarchive.html
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_55_0/doc/html/boost/mpi/packed_oarchive.html

— Noel