Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] [Boost.Hana] Formal review request
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-01 06:02:35

On 1 Aug 2014 at 11:02, Gonzalo BG wrote:

> I'm a bit worried that:
> - Hana exposes a C++1y library-based implementation of concepts on its
> interface (typeclasses). Would moving it to concepts (once we get
> language-support in 2015/16) introduce a big breaking change?

If I have read Louis' work correctly, then no there should be no
major changes. Louis looks like he has intentionally designed C++
concepts to be used by internal implementation if available but it's
okay if not, but he can probably answer better than I.

> Then, Range-v3, TICK, Hana, and others are all using _different_ C++11/1y
> library-based implementations of concept checking which I guess means that:
> - there is need for such a library, and
> - Boost.ConceptCheck is for whatever reason not good enough in C++11/1y
> world yet.

Agreed on the need. God help anyone designing such a beastie though.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/