Subject: Re: [boost] What are the things that we HAVE TO fix before shipping 1.56.0?
From: Eric Niebler (eniebler_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-03 16:28:42

On 7/30/2014 8:47 PM, Alexander Bogdashevsky wrote:
>> On 7/29/2014 8:15 PM, Alexander Bogdashevsky wrote:
>>> Not sure if this is a show-stopper or not, but property_tree API was
>>> broken a little. My fault.
>>>
>>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/10272
>>>
>>> I am working on a fix right now and should be done today-tomorrow.
>>
>> What is "broken a little"? Can you help us to assess the seriousness of
>> the regression? Does it break common usage scenarios?
>
> Yes, it does break common usage scenario. See ticket https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/10272 for example.
>
> I just pushed a fix for this issue https://github.com/sanderbog/property_tree/commit/4e16d57fa634fc9ddb64cde1c687e11e23b6e34a
> Could somebody with good enough privileges merge it?

This fix hasn't even been merged to develop yet, and we're trying to get
out a second RC. (The pull request(*) looks very dirty; can you clean it
up so it only has the commit you want merged?) I think it's missed the
boat. Besides, the test results look good on both develop and master,
and the Property_tree maintainer hasn't had a chance to weigh in. This
might be an intentional change -- I can't say at this point.

Sebastian, can you have a look at the bug report and the patch and say
what you think? (Even if it's a good fix, I think it has to wait at this
point.)

Eric

(*) https://github.com/boostorg/property_tree/pull/5