Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] [Boost.Hana] Formal review request
From: Eric Niebler (eniebler_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-03 17:26:04

On 8/2/2014 11:24 AM, Robert Ramey wrote:
> Eric Niebler-4 wrote
>> Boost Concept Check is horribly dated and very limited, IMO. For my work
>> on a new range library[*], I built a new concept check library for
>> C++11. ...
>>
>> [*] http://www.github.com/ericniebler/range-v3
>
> I took a look at this to satisfy my curiosity. It's interesting but I have
> a big problem with it.

<snip>

> But in the end I opted for recommending BCC.
>
> a) It has good documentation. This is fairly easy to understand
> - once the confusion regarding the misleading word "concept" is cleared away
> - which I've been trying to do.
>
> b) it has examples.
>
> c) It works with all known complier versions.
>
> d) It's very easy to use.
>
> So I'm sticking to my original advice.

Oh, of course! I wasn't suggesting that you needed to change your
recommendation. I was merely pointing out the limits of
Boost.Concept_check and stumping for an effort to replace it with
something more modern, capable, and ConceptsLite-ish in flavor. My code
can be the basis for such a replacement.

\e