Subject: Re: [boost] [1.56.0] Release Candidate 2 available
From: Lars Viklund (zao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-04 07:28:09

On Mon, Aug 04, 2014 at 11:08:11AM +0000, Marcel Raad wrote:
> Eric Niebler <eniebler <at> boost.org> writes:
>
> > We've created a second release candidate to fix a few issues. The three
> > fixes since RC1 are listed at the end of this mail.
> >
> > The files for 1.56.0 RC2 are available at:
> > http://boost.cowic.de/rc/
> >
> > As always, the release managers would appreciate it if you download
> > the candidate of your choice and give building it a try. Please report
> > both success and failure, and anything else that is noteworthy.
>
> Tested on MSVC12 Update 3 RC for 32-bit and 64-bit and everything still
> works as in RC1, plus the compiler crashes are gone.

By "tested", do you mean attempted to build, or actually ran tests? I'm
going to assume the former, as the latter is near-impossible for the
layman.

It's a bit disheartening to see so few attempts to run integrity tests,
but I guess it's an artifact of it being underdocumented and hard to run
tests and get output from them without being a proper regression test
runner.

--
Lars Viklund | zao_at_[hidden]