Subject: Re: [boost] Files in Github
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-05 12:18:35

Edward Diener wrote:
> On 8/5/2014 11:38 AM, Axel Ismirlian wrote:
>>

>> Which subrepository do the files under /home/boost/boost belong to? More
>> specifically, I made a change
>> to /home/boost/boost/date_time/time_resolution_traits.hpp and I am
>> looking
>> to push it upstream, but I cannot find who this file belongs to.
>
> home\boost\libs\date_time\include\boost\date_time
>
> The files under home\boost\boost are links to files under
> home\boost\libs. The files under home\boost\libs are always the ones
> to be changed.

However you won't be able to push your changes without proper access rights.
Instead, you should create a fork of DateTime module
(https://github.com/boostorg/date_time), modify the file in your fork
and then create a pull request in order to merge your changes.
Here is a tutorial (for Geometry module) showing how this can be done:
https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/wiki/Contribution-Tutorial

Regards,
Adam