Subject: [boost] Clang, -pedantic, and variadic macro warnings
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-06 18:27:03

My test show that if you compile with clang, pass the '-pedantic'
option, and also pass 'std=c++0x' or 'std=c++11', that the many warnings
about variadic macro use do not show in the output. I know there was a
discussion and an assertion that the warnings do show in the output
oonce '-pedantic' is passed as a compiler option even though a 'std=xxx'
is passed that covers variadic macros, but I am not seeing that in my tests.

If anybody else can tell me of a Boost library build where clang is the
compiler, 'pedantic' is passed, and the appropriate 'std=xxx' to cover
variadic macro use is passed, and the clang compiler warnings about
using variadic macros show up, it would be appreciated.