Subject: Re: [boost] Boost 1.56.0 has been released
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-09 10:48:53

On 8 August 2014 20:57, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Is it possible to create a tag for each library saying boost_1_56 ?
>
> I'm sure I can figure out how to do this on my library - but can it be done
> globally before release is "opened" for updates?

We were discussing doing this off list, but didn't really come to a
conclusion. Although it can be done any time, as all the necessary
information is in the super project, so it's okay to push to master
before it's done - we don't tag the current master hash, we tag the
hash from the super project's boost-1.56.0 tag. Since we stopped
automatically updating the super project for a couple of weeks before
the release some modules might have updated their master branch
without it being included in the final release.