Subject: Re: [boost] [git] confusion setting moduler-boost to 'master'
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-11 20:00:44

On 11 August 2014 21:54, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Is this normal ? It looks like git is saying that the submodules are
> modified because they have untracked content. I thought that if you have
> untracked files in a working directory git does not act like you have
> modified anything since the untracked files are not part of the local
> repository. Am I missing something here or does git actually assume changes
> have been made merely because untracked files exist in a working directory
> folder.

It normally does that, probably under the assumption that any
differences could be important. You can use 'git status
--ignore-submodules=untracked' to stop it doing that. And to set it
permanently you can use 'git config --global diff.ignoreSubmodules
untracked'. I don't know what the equivalent is for Tortoise Git.