Subject: Re: [boost] [EXTERNAL] [testing] [regression] Tests results display upgrades and fixes
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-14 17:36:41

Rene Rivera wrote:
> OK, I only now have time to read email.. Is there something I can help
> answer? (Not sure what the question refers to).

I prepared a PR (https://github.com/boostorg/boost/pull/25) changing the
way how the library results page is generated. It works locally in a way
that it generates the results page but I'm not sure really if this is
the code of a program used to generate the regression summary pages and
how is it executed. Am I playing with the correct program?

How the procedure of contribution to Regression looks like? In this
particular case I'm unable to test what I've done on a "living organism"
since AFAIU the tests are processed on an external server. Assuming that
my contribution is desired, should someone with sufficient access rights
test the code from my fork or should the code be merged and then tested
as "official"? Or should I request access rights required to test it myself?

Another thing. I'd like to investigate why the results are missing for
Geometry and Spirit master branch. I'm guessing that if I wasn't able to
somehow figure it out locally then some form of access to all of the
test results sent by the runners would be needed for checking the XMLs
and debugging the program generating the pages. Would this be possible
or do you have a better idea?

Regards,
Adam