Subject: Re: [boost] [container] New container: why is everybody silent?
From: Jeremy Murphy (jeremy.william.murphy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-16 02:26:42

I'm pretty excited by this container; I'll start testing it as soon as I
find an excuse for it.

Did you create it as part of a thesis? If so, it would be nice to see the
thesis too. If not, it would be nice to see some discussion about
which/whose B-Tree you have implemented and a bibliography. I'm not
intimately familiar with this literature but a question that immediately
comes to mind is whether your implementation is cache-oblivious and why.
 My limited understanding is that a CO structure would be more general and
thus work on supercomputers and microcontrollers equally well without the
programmer needing to tweak the L and M parameters.

I still need to read the relevant paper [1] and your implementation in
detail. Cheers.

Jeremy

[1] http://epubs.siam.org/doi/abs/10.1137/S0097539701389956
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~bader/COURSES/UNM/ece637-Fall2003/papers/BDF00.pdf