Subject: Re: [boost] [units] Pull request and RFC: information unit definitions for Boost.Units
From: Jürgen Hunold (jhunold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-16 06:22:22

Hi Matthias,

Am Donnerstag, 31. Juli 2014, 11:25:35 schrieb Matthias Schabel:
> I would love to pass the responsibility for ongoing maintenance of
> Boost.Units on to a new torchbearer.

First a "Thank you very much" for the great library.

> My time to dedicate to this project
> has dwindled to essentially zero, and I believe it would be best for all
> involved to enlist some fresh blood, ideally someone who is using the
> library on a regular basis... Any volunteers?

As no one else has stepped up, I'd like to volunteer. I've been using
Boost.Units with great success for the last five years. For my recent Boost
contributions see https://github.com/jhunold. Mostly small bugfixes,
Boost.Build support over the last decade.
Boost.Units is getting more attentions now as c++11 is getting momentum.
Personally, I'd like to get
https://github.com/boostorg/units/pull/5
into 1.57.

> As far as Erik's request, I don't have any objections to adding these to the
> library, though I have not had time myself to verify that they are correct.

It would be nice if one of the current maintainer could comment on this.

> >> Link to PR: https://github.com/boostorg/units/pull/3

Seems obsolete,
https://github.com/boostorg/units/pull/6
it the improved commit.

Feel free to ask questions.

Yours,

Jürgen

--
* Dipl.-Math. Jürgen Hunold  !
* voice: ++49 4257 300       ! Fährstraße 1