Subject: Re: [boost] Checking interest in DynamicLoad/DLL/DSO/Plugin library
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-16 12:32:01

On 15 Aug 2014 at 18:39, Hartmut Kaiser wrote:

> - the ability to extract the full file system path of a loaded shared
> library (this is not always the same as the file name you specified to load
> the library)

Yes, a very good point. I can supply some reference code once working
on all major platforms which could be derived from to implement this.
The code can take any arbitrary pointer to memory and tell you which
shared library "owns" it. The code is not fast, but it can be cached
and it's very, very useful for implementing everything from
per-plugin human language string translations to debugging
tracebacks.

> - the ability to extract a list of plugin object names from a given shared
> library ( I assume that your library allows to have several plugin types in
> the same shared library)

A mangled symbol to partial AST generator is the ultimate solution
here and would be an enormously valuable addition to Boost. It's
probably its own standalone library though.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/