Subject: Re: [boost] [Concepts] Definition. Was [GSoC] [Boost.Hana] Formal review request
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-16 13:05:57

My position - broadly stated is

a) All template parameters should have explicit type requirements.
b) such type requirements should be documented
c) and such type requirements should be explicitly enforced in the code.

Not explicitly stated, but implicit in a above is
d) It is possible and useful to assign type requirements for all C++
template code.

You've stated that AFIO is a counter-example to d) above. I'm confident
you'll
let me know if I've got your position wrong.

So ...

This is the first time I've actually looked into the AFIO documentation. I
found it very interesting.
I'm going to critique it later in detail as it deserves a larger effort than
I can justify right now.

Robert Ramey

PS - I'll likely post this critique as a comment on the blincubator as I
want to
test/demo this platform for this purpose. It's very hard to get this stuff
right the first time so bear with me.
RR