Subject: Re: [boost] [testing] [regression] Tests results display upgrades and fixes
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-17 08:37:48

Thomas Suckow wrote:

>> Another thing. I'd like to investigate why the results are missing
>> for Geometry and Spirit master branch. I'm guessing that if I wasn't
>> able to somehow figure it out locally then some form of access to all
>> of the test results sent by the runners would be needed for checking
>> the XMLs and debugging the program generating the pages. Would this
>> be possible or do you have a better idea?
>>

> I am not sure how the summary is generated but I looked into the XML
> and as far as I can tell spirit has been moved to spirit/test. As for
> why it still shows up in the summary, I don't know enough to say.
> Similarly geometry seems to have moved to geometry/test but for some
> reason does not appear in the summary.

Yes, AFAIK everything is ok with the libraries.

Though I have an idea what may be the cause of the problem.
On the page:
http://www.boost.org/development/tests/master/developer/geometry_.html
empty cells have class set to "library-missing". I can't find anything
in the program I modified that could generate this HTML. However I can
find it in the XSL related with the scripts probably also involved in
the reports generation from the tree:
https://github.com/boostorg/regression/tree/develop/xsl_reports.

So the question remains. How exactly the results are generated?
Are they generated the same way for develop and master branches?
Is the C++ program I modified used in any case?

Regards,
Adam