Subject: Re: [boost] Trac getting spammed
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-17 21:32:53

On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 6:37 PM, Gavin Lambert <gavinl_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On 17/08/2014 14:52, Rene Rivera wrote:
>
>> PS. I should mention that whomever created that particular spam item went
>> through the trouble of correctly filling out the captcha.
>>

> How is it that spammers can see the captcha when regular users can't?
>
> (Mind you, it's been a few months since I last [unsuccessfully] tried to
> use Trac; maybe that's been fixed in the interim.)

I don't know.. The problem is that when I've tried to replicate the issue
it's worked for me. Which might boil down to having the right browser, or
OS, or whatever the interwebs wants these days. Trust me.. It's frustrating
from all points of view :-( Especially my view that thinks the anti-spam
measures should not be needed.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything