Subject: Re: [boost] Metadata pull requests
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-19 07:43:36

On 19 Aug 2014 at 7:12, Daniel James wrote:

> >> I'll spend a bit of time improving that soon, so let me know if
> >> there's anything missing.
> >
> > Can you add the following fields please:
>
> I meant missing from the documentation. I'm not volunteering to track
> every possible piece of data available. Most of your requests don't
> fit with the intent of this file, and belong elsewhere. It'd probably
> be a bad idea for me to design the necessary data structures anyway,
> as I'm not involved in any of the uses and would probably get them
> wrong.

Would you be okay if people added extra optional fields i.e. would
your parser skip them without problem? I think between myself and
Robert we can add some good optional metadata extensions.

If that isn't possible for you, any objection to an extra json file
appearing in meta/*?

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting