Subject: Re: [boost] intrusive_ptr wrapper for C++/CLI
From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-21 11:08:24

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 7:10 AM, Stephen Channell
<steve_channell_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Whilst many would object to putting C++/CLI conditional code into boost, the smart pointer is too small to stand alone and too boost specific for Microsoft.

I feel it is too C++/CLI specific for Boost.

Is C++/CLI as a language evolving at all? The impression I had before
I left Microsoft was that it would never receive any major new
language features and was generally suggested only as a last resort
for use in conjunction with a language like C# to overcome performance
or other issues around interop.

Glen