Subject: Re: [boost] [core/noncopyable][test/boost::unit_test::singleton] massive test failures
From: Antony Polukhin (antoshkka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-21 12:03:01

<...>

> Whether this matters, I don't know. I wouldn't use `noncopyable` in C++11
> code, and I stopped using it in C++03 code a long time ago because it would
> result in "error: undefined reference for blablabla" with absolutely no
> context on whether the copy attempt happens (not entirely `noncopyable`'s
> fault, but enough to make it useless for me).

Let me add my 0.02 kopeck:

* deleted functions produce much more readable error reports
* defaulted functions are noexcept and that matters for traits
(is_nothrow_constructible, is_trivial...)
* defaulted functions are simpler to optimize for compiler
* noncopyable class is widely used, optimizing and improving it will
improve all the Boost's and user's code.

--
Best regards,
Antony Polukhin