Subject: Re: [boost] [Http] Request for comments
From: Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira (vini.ipsmaker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-22 02:05:44

> Firstly, congratulations on a successful GSoC.

Thanks.

My first thought when reading your docs is "what does using this
> library do for me?" I didn't discover the answer by the end of the
> docs.

Thank you for the time spent and the feedback.

I guess I was so worried with rationales and any feature that could be
minimally polemic that my docs end up being too abstract. I'll fix this
gradually. For a quick start, I've added the following text on the "front
page":

This library boils down to providing HTTP producers (e.g. HTTP standalone
> servers) and concepts to permit user-provided producers to collaborate
> (i.e. communicate) with any other written HTTP consumer. A few HTTP
> consumers (e.g. file server) are also provided to increase your
> productivity. It's fine to use this library to write a web chat application.

I'll evolve it as soon as I finish the current task, which is converting
Doxygen -> QuickBook and I'm making progress[1].

I'd like to encourage people to try the library. It's cross-platform and
very simple to build it[2].

[1] http://vinipsmaker.github.io/asiohttpserver/reference.html
[2] http://vinipsmaker.github.io/asiohttpserver/using.html

--