Subject: Re: [boost] [review] Formal review period for VMD library begins today, Aug 21, and ends Sat, Aug 30
From: Rodrigo Madera (rodrigo.madera_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-22 15:25:37

Hello Edward,

Nice library. I couldn't get the docs going but Daniel James' link [1] did
the trick. I gave it a quick read and I haven't yet tested out your code.
But I have some thoughts already.

I have used BOOST_PP extensively for C++03 TMP, so I see a familiar pattern
here.

To begin, I agree with people here that we need some sort of problem to
your solution. Right now it seems that VMD is better off just being merged
into BOOST PP enhancements.

Could you provide (as in write and develop) an in-depth comparison of VMD
with BOOST PP?

What can VMD do that BOOST PP can't?

Also, I use BOOST PP to overcome C++03 limitations. Now with C++11 much of
these needs has been eliminated. We've got C++14 here and C++17 is in the
making. With all that, what is VMD here to solve?

A good example of usage would be very nice. Maybe some macro code
generation that could make it more interesting, if you will. I don't know,
I'm just trying to make VMD necessary in some context.

Kind regards,
Rodrigo Madera

[1] http://eldiener.github.io/variadic_macro_data/doc/html/index.html