Subject: Re: [boost] [Graph] 'traverse' event in DFS visitor concept?
From: Alexander Lauser (alxlaus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-25 04:48:37

I think that such a traversal event might be a good application for the
finish_tree_edge event I suggest [1], but for which I never got a reaction.

Someone an opinion? Maybe some Boost.Graph developers reading?

With that you can simulate traversal events (or what I think you want
them to be) really easily: Implement the traversal-handler as an
internal member function and call it at whenever a vertex is discoved
and whenever a tree-edge is finished (with the source of the edge as
parameter). What do you think?

As your traversal events are easily simulated by that and IMO do not
possess a canonical semantics for undirected or non-tree graphs, I don't
think it wise to load the interface with them.

Regards,
Alex

[1] http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2014/07/215699.php