Subject: Re: [boost] [Graph] 'traverse' event in DFS visitor concept?
From: Alexander Lauser (alxlaus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-27 02:49:40

>> As your traversal events are easily simulated by that and IMO do not
>> possess a canonical semantics for undirected or non-tree graphs, I don't
>> think it wise to load the interface with them.
>
> So does what you're suggesting generalize to non-tree graphs? I believe it
> does. If so, it sounds good.

I think it does in some sense: the spanning tree (or rather forest)
induced by the DFS is 'traversed'.

I think that's one canonical way to define a tree-traversal of an
arbitrary graph. Some technical issues might arise, e.g., for directed
trees you might be obliged to provide the root as a start vertex of the DFS.

Alex