Subject: Re: [boost] Default documentation settings
From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-09-03 15:03:38

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 11:11 AM, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> wow - wouldn't this affect ALL the documentation built with boost book in
> somewhat surprising ways?

I'm not suggesting changing the tooling defaults: I'm suggesting
changing the default configuration used for
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_56_0/doc/html/libraries.html - and
yes, it would affect all library documentation included there - but
right now I know of no way to provide specific settings per library
documentation. The only solution appears to be: Don't provide just a
QBK to be part of the Boost HTML documentation, but generate the HTML
(or the XML) from the QBK with your own settings, and provide that to
the documentation generation process.

> Couldn't you just override the boost book value in documentation for your
> own library?

I have my own custom settings used in my Jamfile.v2:
https://github.com/boostorg/align/blob/master/doc/Jamfile.v2 - These
are not used when the master HTML documentation is generated. Now I
could generate the HTML using my own settings, and place the generated
HTML in my doc/ and use that for the documentation, but that is less
desirable.

If there is no way to provide library-specific settings for the main
HTML documentation, I'd be interested in changing the defaults used
for all libraries if all the other authors were on board with sections
of depth 2 being chunked instead of 1.

Glen