Subject: [boost] [intrusive] Possible bug in bstree_algorithms.hpp
From: Lars Hagström (lars_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-09-06 16:09:54

Hi,

I've just upgraded to boost 1.56 and I've run into a problem. I get an
infinite loop inside insert_equal_lower_bound_check(...) in
bstree_algorithms.hpp.
I'm using that file indirectly through Boost.Interprocess.

I've not been able to penetrate exactly what that function does or whether
there is indeed a bug in it. But I did look at the version that was in 1.55
(called insert_equal_check_impl(...) there), and to me it looks like there
is at least one unexpected change:

A ! has been removed on the line where the branches are compared, which to
me would mean that we put the wrong branch into x.

Again, I don't really understand what is going on in that function, so I
might well be completely wrong.

Cheers
Lars