Subject: Re: [boost] Testers required
From: Antony Polukhin (antoshkka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-09-08 08:50:07

> > There is a big need in testers that have access to exotic
> > platforms(zArch, MIPS) and compilers (Cray, IBM xlc ...).
>
> it should be possible to use a cross-compiler and test via qemu if the
> hardware is not easy to access ... a few years ago i used such at
> toolchain in order to test altivec/neon code without having access to
> ppc or arm hardware ...
>
> it basically boils down to point the toolchain to the cross-compiler and
> to run the testsuite via qemu. this was pretty straight-forward with
> cmake though i'm not familiar enough with bjam to say it this can easily
> be integrated ...
>
> emdebian seems to provide quite binaries of cross-compilers for quite
> some architectures ... so maybe emulating exotic architectures is easier
> to achieve than getting access to the hardware
>
> cheers,
> tim

I've been doing some testing with RaspberryPi and Android not so long ago.
It takes a lot of time to setup the toolchain and virtual machine + bjam
does not like me (possibly that's because I do not know Python) + some of
the compilers are hard to get.

So configuring multiple toolsets will consume unreasonable amount of time.
That's why I'm asking for help from those who have ready-to-use toolsets.

--
Best regards,
Antony Polukhin