Subject: [boost] [git] Problem after deleting submodule
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-09-10 18:14:32

Git is starting to get to me.

I did a git pull from the latest master only to get a bunch of conflicts
from the latest align submodule. I have never touched the align
submodule locally so having conflict errors with it is absurd. After
trying to straighten out the errors via a 'git reset --hard' for the
align submodule, and still getting conflicts, I deleted the submodule
locally just so I could get the latest master.

Now I can't seem to get back the submodule. No matter what I do the
submodule is no longer recognized at the top level. What do I do ?

Yes git is powerful but it is also a VCS from hell. About the only
intelligent thing I have ever heard Linux Torvalds say.