Subject: Re: [boost] [type_traits] Modularization proposal
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-09-17 07:46:55

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 3:21 PM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba
<vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Le 16/09/14 21:47, Andrey Semashev a écrit :
>
>> Hmm, I didn't notice that header. Ok, assuming we don't want to move this
>> one
>> header to its own sublib, what if we approach it from the other side. We
>> can
>> move all type traits except common_type.hpp and type_traits.hpp to a
>> sublib
>> base (i.e. type_traits/base). floating_point_promotion.hpp would be
>> changed to
>> not depend on MPL before moving to base.
>>
> This will work. However, currently the submodules depend on the module, not
> the opposite. I don't know if this is perturbing.

I don't think there is implied dependency of sublibs on the main
library (if there is one). At least, I did not get that impression
from Peter's reports and earlier discussions.

> So, here is another alternative. Let everything in place except
> type_traits.hpp type_traits/common_type.hpp, which are move to two
> sub-modules TypeTraits.All and TypeTraits.CommonType with the following
> dependencies
>
> TypeTraits.All -> TypeTraits TypeTraits.CommonType
> TypeTraits.CommonType -> TypeTraits TypeOf
> TypeOf -> TypeTraits

Yes, in this case we move a single type_traits.hpp to its own sublib.
It looks a little awkward to me but I'm ok with it if John agrees.