Subject: Re: [boost] TravisCI and Coverall usage policies in Boost
From: Antony Polukhin (antoshkka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-09-18 09:40:39

> On 18 Sep 2014 at 12:38, Antony Polukhin wrote:
> > Can we enable automated tests coverage using Coverall for a Boost repo?
>
> Yes. This should also be mandatory for all Boost libraries. It's
> free, nobody has an excuse.
>
> We should really add a Boost wiki page on setting this stuff up, and
> strongly hint at it being nearly a requirement on the community
> review page for new libraries. I can help write this if you'd like to
> start it Antony?

Having such a wiki page would be good.

I've finished writing a generic .travis.yml draft file that is suitable for
almost any library that uses Boost:
https://github.com/apolukhin/variant/blob/travisci/.travis.yml There's some
'sed' black magic to provide only current library files to coveralls site.
Fast recursive git cloning is taken from run.py script.

I've also made a draft of a README.md file with results table
https://github.com/apolukhin/variant/tree/travisci.

We could start writing the wiki. Do you know where to start?

It would be good to hear more opinions about the TravisCI+Coveralls before
we start to add .travis.yml files to all the libraries.

--
Best regards,
Antony Polukhin