Subject: Re: [boost] [modularization] What is a module? What is a sub-module?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-09-24 05:22:05

I've read your brave attempts at definitions - with general approval.

But all the words like library, module, .. that you use are also used in other contexts.

So when the context doesn't make them completely obvious to the reader (not just the writer!),
it may be necessary to *qualify* them, for example:

"Boost library"
"Object library"
"British Library" ;-)

"Git sub-module"
"Repo sub-module"
"Boost sub-module"
"C++ module"

By trying to avoid qualifiers, I feel you may be making it more difficult for the reader.

HTH

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow