Subject: Re: [boost] [Modularization] Range and Spirit dependencies
From: Neil Groves (neil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-09-27 07:49:55

On 27 September 2014 10:36, Stephen Kelly <hello_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Eric Niebler wrote:
>
> > You'll get better results by abiding by our posting guidelines.[*] In
> > particular:
> >
> >> Put the Library Name in the Subject Line
>
> I did this. If putting 'Range' in the text of the subject is 'wrong', and
> only putting '[range]' with square brackets is 'right', then you might
> choose to clarify this in the policy.

It is already clearly stated explicitly in the policy. Eric is absolutely
correct that this would have helped to get me attention more quickly. I
have email rules to pick out the [range] emails.

The relevant section from the link that Eric posted is:
<Quote>
Put the Library Name in the Subject Line

When your post is related to a particular Boost library, it's helpful to
put the library name in square brackets at the beginning of the subject
line, e.g.

Subject: [Regex] Why doesn't this pattern match?

The Boost developers' list is a high-volume mailing list, and most
maintainers don't have time to read every message. A tag on the subject
line will help ensure the right people see your post.

</Quote>

> Thanks,
>
> Steve.

I certainly wish to deliver in a timely manner within the constraints of my
other life activities, but in this instance can't see how this particular
issue could be made more clear. Feel free to email me directly.

I'm very grateful for the effort you have put in to the modularisation and
especially for going to the effort of putting together a merge request that
was so easy to apply.

Thanks,
Neil Groves