Subject: Re: [boost] [static_if] Is there interest in a `static if` emulation library?
From: lcaminiti (lorcaminiti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-09-28 17:27:04

Vicente Botet wrote
> Le 18/09/14 00:28, lcaminiti a écrit :
>>
>> I will reiterate my original question:
>> Is there interest in a Boost.StaticIf library to do something like the
>> following?
>
> Yes, I think this is an interesting addition to Boost.
>
> Lorenzo, as the scope of your static_if emulation is restricted to void
> expressions would you mind to rename it, e.g. call_if?

I would agree. However, "static" is still needed to indicate the if
condition and its call code is evaluated at compile time, so maybe
`call_static_if`... Also, I was not sure if to use `elif` (as from the
preprocessor directive `#elif`) or `else_if` (as from statement `if(...) {
... } else if { ...}`). I will make a note to discuss these naming options
during review, if Boost.StaticIf ever gets to that stage.

Thanks.
--Lorenzo